Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Treat Yo Self

Some days, you find yourself in Nordy's during your lunch break. What are you supposed to do? In between touching ALL of the beautiful handbags, you gotta get something to scratch that spending itch.


You don't need to give me a lecture about how I should save my money for things I really want, or shop more frugally. I do those things regularly. Well, kind of. And sometimes, I just want it. I WANT IT. NOW.

And sometimes, I get it:


Like this awesome, oversized, zip-around wallet/clutch from Nordstrom's. I love it. It is big enough to hold all my crap: various customer loyalty cards, a pope medal - seriously, emergency earrings (you don't carry those?). Please note specifically how I didn't mention cash. Because my wallet isn't actually used for that, silly!

One of my favorite parts is the ID sleeve. There is a small ID sleeve in the wallet, with a space for three cards. This small piece snaps in and out of the wallet, keeping all my critical cards together so I can throw it in a going-out evening bag or whatever. I like how everything zips up and I can throw the whole thing into a diaper bag, or just run into Starbucks with the wallet/clutch, as opposed to my giant handbag.

In my experience, the Halogen brand, which is Nordy's house brand, has a good reputation, and if it breaks or doesn't work out for me, the customer service at Nordstrom's is the best, and they will take it back or replace without a question.  

I know I probably spent a little too much for it, and I really would have preferred something in a brighter color, since the purse I am carrying right now is also grey, but I think I can learn to live with this.

What fun things have you splurged on lately?

1 comment:

  1. Cute wallet!

    Sigh... I love Parks and Rec. Dan and I treated ourselves to tickets to see Tom...errr... Aziz Ansari's stand-up over spring break.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I live for your comments!