Thursday, February 14, 2013

and this is what I'm worried about

Yesterday, the thing that was concerning me is not Ash Wednesday, and what did I give up.  Still working on that.

It's the crazy level of anxiety I had regarding my daughter's preschool class. Yesterday is the Valentine's Day party, which means I was obligated to send it cute little Valentines for 11 preschoolers.


And I bought them from Target.


I didn't look at Pinterest, I didn't get any crafty ideas. I didn't buy glitter or craft paper or hearts or doilies. (Not because I don't want to do those things. I am not crafty, I am not creative, and I just don't have patience. Or time.)


I bought packaged valentines with a little gel-cling for the kids.


And I carried around that guilt, ALL DAY - about buying Valentine's Day cards for 3-year-olds FROM THE STORE (I also included tiny packets of Goldfish. Can't argue with food, right?).


Even though the night before last I was *thisclose* to ripping out my own hair as I tried to cook dinner, work, and keep Nay from running out the back door in 40 degree temps while my husband was away at an appointment. I was still feeling all the I'm-not-a-good-enough-mom Guilt.


IMAGINE my relief when I came home to see the Valentines she had rexceived from classmates - All store bought! Except for one - that overachieving (class-mom, of course) had her kids picture on Shutterfly cards (indicating she thought about this BEFORE this week).  Y'all - there was even one with an ill-cut construction paper heart and a Peppermint Patty taped to it! 


Dressed for Preschool Valentine's Day Party!


Chalking this one up as a Parenting NON-fail. FTW.


3 comments:

  1. Pinterest be damned!!! I swear it's out to ruin our lives. ;)

    Also.. can you increase the font size a bit? My geriatric almost-30 year old eyeballs can't handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and PS (because I am never ever brief) That dress? Is TO DIE FOR. :) Seriously. Love it. Does it come in my size??

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I didn't love it so damn much, I would ban myself from Pinterest. I swore I would never be one of 'those moms' who felt like they had to compete with the other moms, but.. well, you saw my Valentine's day treats for Hunter's class.

    ..in my defense though, that was put together on the 13th. And it was a slow day at work. But I think that was a one and done. Kind of like I staked my territory, showed the other moms that I COULD do it, I just don't choose to anymore. Haha.

    Besides, it's not like the kids are going to cherish these cards forever. I collected all the candy and threw out the cards as soon as I got home. You're doing fine Momma.

    LB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I live for your comments!